These days, it has become mandatory by the government to link Aadhar with PAN card, bank accounts, mobile numbers, LPG connections and other services to avail. If you are yet to link your Aadhaar card to your bank account, you need to do it soon as there is only a few days left to link it as the deadline is near end.
Aadhaar Card is a 12-digit identification number which is issued by Unique Identification Authority of India on behalf of the government. The UIDAI serves as the planning commission of India and is responsible to manage your Aadhaar identification and Aadhaar numbers. Linking your Aadhar to your accounts is mandatory for different tasks and it is important to have one.
Where you can get Aadhaar from?
- The Aadhaar number is issued to all citizens of the country by the UIDAI and it serves as a document for identification and verification for all Indian citizens.
- Citizens can easily get the Aadhaar number from Aadhaar service centers and Aadhaar Kendras
Finding the Nearest Aadhaar Center
- Visit uidai.gov.in, the official Aadhaar website.
- Click on “Enrolment and Aadhar update centers in post offices and banks” under Aadhaar Enrolment on left window.
- It will open a new search page where there are three search options – Pincode, State, and Search box.
- Fill all the required details, such as district, state, subdistrict, village, town, city and pincode of your area.
- Add your city in the search box.
- You can ‘check’ or ‘uncheck’ only ‘permanent centers’ when looking for the search criteria. If there are individual ticks, it will show up only Aadhaar Kendras.
You will get the verification code. Type the code on screen. It will show up a complete list of Aadhaar kendras near you.